Reviewed May 2021
Our contact details
Address: Ufton Court Ltd, Ufton Court, Green Lane, Ufton Nervet, Reading, RG7 4HD
Phone Number: 0118 983 2099
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name
- Contact Data includes home address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes payment details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms on the website or elsewhere, or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- view the venue;
- attend an event e.g., showcase or open day
- make a booking with us;
- give us feedback;
- enter a promotion or survey.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google and Microsoft based outside the EU.
- Name, contact details and dates for your wedding from wedding directories
How we use your data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to Ufton Court Educational Trust’s charity marketing communications to you via email or post.
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
|Purpose/ Activity||Type of Data||Lawful basis for processing|
|Register you as a new customer||Identity and contact||Performance of a contract|
|Organise your viewing and wedding||Identity and contact||Performance of a contract|
|Manage payments||Contact and financial||Legitimate interests|
|Manage our relationship with you||Identity||Performance of a contract|
|Contact you for feedback||Marketing||Legitimate interests|
Ufton Court Educational Trust will never pass your details on to anyone else without your explicit consent.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent.
You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com.
We will only contact you, if you have given us consent to do so.
We will request your permission to contact you for the following purposes:
- To send you direct marketing materials
- To send you information about the charity, events and fundraising campaigns and updates
- We have a contractual obligation:
- We will process personal data where this is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
(c) We have a legitimate interest:
- We will process your personal data for internal reporting and analysis because we believe it is necessary for our legitimate organisational interests in creating better events, better communications, and a better website.
- We may use your address to send you administrative mail.
- We have conducted a legitimate interest assessment to ensure that this processing isn’t overridden by your rights or interests. We employ safeguards, such as formal Data Protection and Data Retention policies, to protect your privacy.
- We have a legal obligation
We may also use Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how visitors use our site. The cookies collect information anonymously, which means that we don’t know who is using our site. We collect data on how our website is used, to help us improve our website. For information about Google Analytics cookies and how to opt out of them, please visit: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. I.e. you can object to receiving direct marketing or fundraising communications.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0118 983 2099, if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com .
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Sharing your data
- We will never sell or share your personal data with any other organisation.
- If required by law or to enforce our legal right, we may be forced to disclose personal data.
How long we will hold your data
- Following your viewing, we will retain your personal information for up to 6 months, giving you time to make a decision on your chosen wedding venue. After this period your personal information will be destroyed.
- Following your wedding, we will retain your personal information for up to 6 months, your data will then be deleted unless you consent to receiving information from our charity – Ufton Court Educational Trust
- We will review our criteria for determining our retention period regularly.
How we store your data
Etapestry, hosted by Blackbaud Solutions, holds data about our customers, supporters and donors, including information about donations received. Access is password protected and restricted to key named users. Blackbaud has it’s is headquarters in the United States of America and our data may be stored and maintained in a secure database in the United States. We have satisfied ourselves that Blackbaud have signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, which is approved by the Information Commissioners Office as being compatible with the UK data protection regulations. Ufton Court Educational Trust also complies with GDPR rules on international transfers of personal data, by having the EU’s Standard Contract Clauses with eTapestry.
All of our staff are trained in current Data Protection regulations and are required to abide by our Data Protection Policy.
We will notify constituents of any changes to this policy by email.