Top tips for keeping yourselves and your guests cool at a Summer wedding
For the guests:
Choose your outfit carefully
- Ladies – lucky in that a dress in a light fabric and light colour will help keep you cool. Top tip: putting your hair in a stylish up-do will keep you cooler too. Have you thought about carrying those beauty essentials with you too to stop you melting in the heat?!
- Men – opt for a suit in a lighter shade or if the dress code doesn’t say otherwise, chinos are a more casual approach to a summer wedding. You could even ditch the suit jacket altogether – braces or a waistcoat paired with a smart pair of trousers would definitely work.
Keep to the shade
- Try and keep out of the sun during the hottest part of the day – use the parasols in the barn courtyard!
- Shades will help to protect your eyes, not to mention you’d look super suave in the process!
- Remember to put your suncream on before heading out for the day – ladies, if your clutch is big enough, be sure to bring it with you to keep topped up!
- For most guests, alcohol will be on the agenda as the beverage of choice, but remember that in this hot weather, it would be very sensible to keep drinking lots of H20. You don’t want to be feeling queasy before that all important wedding breakfast now do you?
For the bride and groom:
- Opting for a lighter suit for the men and a floaty dress for the bride and her bridesmaids, is a definite when planning a summer wedding. A pair of ‘bridal sandals’ might be a good last minute purchase too – after all, you want to be dancing the night away!
- TIP: If you’re having young flower girls, or ring bearers, remember to keep them hydrated whilst all the wedding prep on the morning is happening
- If you have unexpected heat – like we’re having at the moment in the UK – maybe think about relaxing the dress code… you don’t want uncomfortable and miserable guests!
- Make sure you provide plenty of hydration stations for the guests during the reception. But also, remember to keep drinking water yourselves… it’s easy to get caught up in the day
Keep it cool
- Give your guests handheld fan or paper fans during the ceremony – they’ll also make for a pretty favour which is a bonus!
- Little bottles full of something refreshing to drink would also make great favours – not to mention they’ll look super cute all laid out at your wedding breakfast