Ufton Adventure: Our Impact
How do we measure our impact?
1. Feedback from all visiting teachers.
2. Case studies from schools.
3. Reading University are conducting a longitudinal study following one group of secondary aged children from Y7 to Y11.
4. Track a sample of children in each group using the Boxall profile, which gives a detailed picture of a child’s development and behaviour over time.
5. Secondary school children complete the New Philanthropy Capital (NPC) Wellbeing measure.
6. Primary school children to complete our own simpler wellbeing and resilience questionnaire.
Our programmes are based on a model of repeated intervention; current psychological research tells us that experience builds brain architecture and that our brains can change long into adult life. Like learning any new skill, the more you do something the better you become at it.Our impact is strengthened thanks to the fact that our residential visits are integrated fully with both the school’s ethos and their curriculum. All our programmes contain curriculum content and we develop a pattern of academic success which is reinforced though AQA, City and Guilds and other nationally recognised accreditations and ultimately with a GCSE revision course in year 11. For those children who are unlikely to succeed in their GCSEs we focus on AQA accreditations alongside developing attitudes to succeed at work.
Feedback from visiting teachers…
- 100% agree that their young people feel capable of more than they had previously imagined
- 97% agree that their children have developed their ability to work collaboratively with others
- 95% agree their children have increased personal confidence
- 86% agree their children are more likely to persevere when they encounter difficulties in the future
- 84% agree their children have improved ability to set personal goals
What our Adventurers say they have learnt…
We would not be able to provide our enriching residentials, if it were not for the financial support of our donors, as well as our wedding couples who’s venue hire is gifted to our Education charity.