Paws for thought with Murphy
As well as seeing lots of different activities from other people using the hashtag, we have loved taking part ourselves. Here’s a roundup of what’s been happening here at Ufton over the last month …
- The new outdoor tent, named the Hacking Tent was used for the first time – it provides a valuable outdoor learning space to accommodate the growing number of children who come to Ufton on residential trips and day visits. It has been used a grand total of 13 times this month already!
- We looked at ‘Wild Wellbeing’ – spending more time outdoors and learning to take a break in nature (rather than spending that time on electronic devices!)
- I joined my pals on an exciting Viking Explorer day using the Viking longship for our raid
- We practised our orienteering skills
- I followed my Roman pals to learn how to make a ‘trebuchet’
- We spotted a slow worm on site, curled up under the drain pipe!
- The weather was beautiful so my pals were lucky enough to do the willow weaving activity in the barn courtyard
- All of the flowers are now in full bloom around the grounds, particularly looking beautiful in the barn courtyard and in the herb garden
- Life on the farm – feeding and caring for the animals
- I joined my pals for a Stone age visit, where we learnt how to build round houses from natural resources
- I took part in a teddy Bears Picnic which reminds me… What do Polar Bears like to eat for lunch? Ice burgers!
- I took part in a pawsome Egyptian day visit, learning about the mummification process. I even did a separate blog post on this day!
- We learnt how to make Flinstone cars and race them… my human pals were so impressed with the teamwork we showed.
- Joined my pals for a fantastic Tudor banquet – I even had to dress up too
And the weather has been terrier-fic over June, so we managed to have lots of fun outdoor adventures! Even though #30dayswild has now ended, this will not stop us at Ufton from hosting lots more activities in the great outdoors! I’ll speak to you soon.