Support our Ufton Longhouse
Enrich the lives of more young people and help us build our Ufton Longhouse
We desperately need a new teaching space, particularly in wet weather and during the evenings. Teachers are asking us to deliver high impact outdoor education to vulnerable pupils in greater numbers than before and we do not have an outdoor classroom big enough.
The Ufton Longhouse
Our Longhouse will provide a vital evening and wet weather space for Ufton Adventure children to enrich their learning from early years through to GCSEs. It will also enable us to meet the requirements of the history national curriculum for primary school aged children.
We have planning permission to build a Longhouse in our woodland. We will create an innovative and inspirational learning space that will:
- Allow outdoor learning to continue, whatever the weather, 12 months of the year.
- Be accessible to all, with pathways and facilities for disabled children.
- Provide a space for drama workshops to develop confidence and explore wellbeing.
- Be a space in which Adventurers can discuss, review, reflect and embed their learning.
- Provide a space for crucial revision residentials, to help prepare for taking GCSEs.
- Blend in with its surroundings and harmonise outdoor and indoor teaching areas.
Building on our Success
Ufton Adventure groups currently have one communal space, the kitchen cabin (below), which is too small and too multi-functional. This new space will be the final piece in the Ufton jigsaw, enabling us to offer flexibility for all our groups as well as a really high quality learning environment.
Donate to our campaign to make our Longhouse a reality…
- Making a donation
- Sponsoring an element of the building
- Introducing us to new supporters
- Becoming a ‘Friend of Ufton’ with regular giving